Monday 28 March 2011

Snack Scoop #2: Dirty Potato Chips

After the last discoveries on the snack shelves of NTUC fairprice, I have been circling them repeatedly to find more offers that you can take a bite out of. The latest discovery is a true revelation:
The name may put you off a little but there is nothing off about the taste.
Inside this 150g packet, you'll find thick chunks of kettle cooked potato chips like so
It says it's cooked in a peanut oil on the front of the packet. The result is a chunkier, crispier, tastier potato chip that makes you want to eat more and more. 
I've already tried Cracked Pepper and Sea-Salt, Sea Salt and Vinegar, Sour Cream and Onion and like them all and so do my colleagues. 


Taste Verdict: I give this my whole hearted recommendation. Forget Lays, Pringles et al. This brand is one of the best (if not the best) American potato chips I have ever tasted in quite a while. The chip is crunchy (some may feel it's hard but I like this and my teeth are fine) and the seasoning is quite uniformly distributed throughout the whole pack so it isn't so salty that you wonder if the salt is free where they come from.


Where to get it: NTUC Fairprice snack shelves (if it's not already gone) So, what are you waiting for? Fly to NTUC fairprice now!  


Price: S$2.50 per packet (usual price is S$4.25) for a short period because expiry date is in early Jun 2011. That doesn't bother me, it wouldn't last till then anyway.


Flavours: Sea Salt, Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt, Sea Salt and Vinegar, Sour Cream and Onion

1 comment:

Aliendoll said...

i love this chips too!!