Saturday 28 January 2012

Newsflash: Taiwan Instant Beef Noodles are OFFICIALLY back in Singapore!!!

To all fans of Taiwan Instant Beef Noodles (yep, the ones I mentioned in my earlier post), Kee Chiu!!! (Raise your hands in the air in Hokkien dialect). Let me show you a picture that will bring a smile to your face..TA-DAH!!
I spotted this in NTUC Fairprice AMK this evening and just had to share this with all those who have been deprived of this locally for so long. Most of us had to depend on friends or family or ourselves going to Taiwan and importing whole cartons back. Others resorted to paying people who made a business out of parallel importing these noodles to cash in on this niche in order to get their fix. Well ladies and gentlemen, wait no longer, rush down to a Fairprice closest to you to see if they have it in stock.

For so long, we have been deprived of this that I felt a great sense of liberation! I'm not sure if this is a temporary arrangement or here to stay, all I can advise is grab it while stocks last!! Yes, it is pricier than before at S$3.75 a bowl (a 50% increase over the price it sells for in Taiwan) but isn't it worth your while to get it here and save more space in your luggage to bring back other nice stuff from Taiwan the next time you are there? :-)
Price : S$3.75 per bowl
Where: NTUC Fairprice supermarkets (depending on availability)

No comments: